Friday 17 March 2017

For the love of Baking...

How i became a Baker



So this year... i officially started baking for money (profit). Ok Confession time...Whenever i see Instagram pictures of Professional bakers i feel really ashamed sharing pictures of my very simple bakes. However, I know not to despise the days of small beginnings... and just keep pushing in my lane. I am really not trying to be better than anyone else, I just want to do things that gives my soul joy and makes my heart sings... and if it brings in owo... good for me! Also, I am steadily on a path to try out different ventures and what really piques my interest long enough to dedicate my entire being to it. We passionate people can be intense ehn.
Coffee infused chocolate cupcakes for a love feast . See my Son's sippy cup..oh dear lol


I was not going to put any frostings but I couldn't resist the caramel chocolate frosting.



Cupcakes are so much fun to decorate!

Whole wheat cupackes for my fitness people. This is probably my favorite cupcake. The end flavors pleasantly surprised me.

 So I bought whole wheat flour because Breads are also on my menu ( oh yes girl) and I tried out a cake recipe using this instead. I also stubbornly skipped on the sugar and added sweeteners here and there. And this cupcake was an absolute winner I can tell you that. I loved it. Oga the cynic too was sold. wetin remain na?
Valentines deliveries




I'm trying to source Cupcake boxes. These ones aren't my first choice really. They work but could be better really.

 I actually enjoy baking. Disclaimer: For my household. Cakes, Cupcakes, muffins, pies... I'm that lady that will show up with cupcakes at whatever occasion you invite me to. And I have this terrible habit of being very experimental. I try out recipes all the damn time. I tweak here and there. I am constantly trying to see how I can cut down the sugar in most recipes and still have a moist and light ( not to mention a delicious) cake. 

Anyway, I put myself out there this year. I jumped...  ELISE AND TALIA  was created. And even though the orders haven't threatened my sanity enough for me to say "oh i can't take anymore orders for the week", I am still motivated to continue taking baby steps to doing this entrepreneurial thing. And i have several other businesses on my radar too. I will take it one step at time though. See which need is more pressing and act accordingly.In the interim... who wants a cupcake?! Order Order...... 






Just because it isn't happening right now, doesn't mean it never will...- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment